The following is a list of the sources referenced in the text.
- Burke, Sir Bernard, The General Armory of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, London, 1880.
- Burke, Sir Bernard, A Dictionary of Heraldry.
- General Armory II (revisions and additions to Burke's General Armory), 1986(?).
- Papworth, John W. Ordinary, An Ordinary Of British Armorials, London, 1874. Reprint London, 1961.
- Foxe-Davies, Arthur Charles, Armorial Families, London, 1929.
- Joseph Foster, Dictionary of Heraldry. Feudal coats of Arms And Pedigrees. Reprint 1996, Studio Editions . (Originally Some Feudal Coats Of Arms).
- County Visitations of Heralds, from Harleian Society publications.
- Victoria County Histories.
- Fairburn's Book of Family Crests.